Build Year: 2009
Beautifully documented example of a Heritage F5
- Heiden Heritage Model F5, ser.# 107
- top: red spruce salvaged from a 100-yr. old building
- back: two-piece flamed sugar maple
- sides: flamed sugar maple
- neck: flamed sugar maple, rounded-V profile w/ adjustable truss rod, 'speed neck' treatment
- body bindings: 5-ply black/white/black bindings (3-ply construction from the frontal view; sides have a black/white pinstripe across the bottom edge) on top, sides & back
- front headplate: ebony w/ Heiden logo and 'flowerpot' inlay in mother of pearl ; black/ white/ black binding
- fingerboard: ebony w/ compound radius
- fingerboard binding: on top and sides
- nut: vintage bone
- bridge: adjustable ebony with single, full-contact foot
- saddle: radiused ebony
- tuners: Waverly, silver finish w/ eb0ny buttons
- fret markers: white dots in side binding only
- bracing: spruce tone-bars
- frets: EVO
- pickguard: unbound ebony
- tailpiece: silver finish Bill James tailpiece w/ engraved Heiden logo
- finish: french polish over oil varnish
1 of only 13 Heritage Model F5's built by Michael Heiden.
Originally owned by Ry Cooder before being purchased by it's current owner.
Featured in Fretboard Journal #32.